Lake Superior Art Association Scholarship
Lake Superior Art Association Scholarship Fund was established on March 5, 1991, by the Lake Superior Art Association in honor of Anita E. Meyland, the founder of the Lake Superior Art Association's Art on the Rocks. Since that time, others have donated monies in the name of deceased members of LSAA.
1. The recipient must be a resident of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
2. Enrolled as a full time student at Northern Michigan University
3. Of sophomore status majoring in art and design
4. Must have a minimum G.P.A. of 2.7
5. Must be enrolled in at least one course in their area of concentration
The scholarship is awarded annually in April for the following school year. Selection will be based on the student's portfolio and his/her potential to be an artist. Candidates must submit the following:
1. Letter of application
2. Recommendation from a university Art and Design faculty
3. A portfolio of 6-10 works or slides or CD of selected artwork
Procedure to Apply:
1. Letter of application, defining need and faculty recommendation of support, must be addressed to the Department of Art and Design by the first week in April.
2. Portfolios must be turned in the second week of April to the Department of Art and Design Office.
Any member who wishes to donate to the Lake Superior Art Association Scholarship Fund, should contact:
Northern Michigan University Foundation
1401 Presque Isle
Marquette, Michigan 49855
or call (906) 227-2627 for more information